Friday, February 3, 2012

DIY holder

This DIY holder is so simple and easy to make, that it's almost a cheat me posting it. I needed somewhere to store my postcards, polaroids and other small pieces of card. What you'll need/what I used, is

  • a small empty box
  • scissors
  • paper
  • glue
  • pen 
  • a cover image 
  • and tape.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look at me pretending to be left-handed, so that I can take pictures with my strong-arm. haha.
Don't worry about drawing a perfect line for cutting - luckily I was able to use the actual box lines as a guide for cutting.

Photobucket
You can use any colour paper to cover your box, I just chose white. You can also use whatever images you want to cover it, I found an old art book lying around- so I cut up an image of Tete de Femme -  Picasso to cover it with.
Photobucket
I then added some bright tape strips and taped the whole thing with clear thick tape to seal it - you could also use contact paper... et voila!
Photobucket

7 comments :

A Daft Scots Lass said...

You're so crafty.

Sam said...

Great idea :)

Weezafish said...

Crafty indeed. Love this one, quick and easy. Have another bowl of Frosties kids, Mummy wants to make something.

Bobby said...

Che. I want to steal ALL your ribbons!

Bailey Schneider said...

So clever...recycled, pretty and handy!
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Che Kershaw said...

NOOOOO!!!! they are ALL MINE!!! :)

Plum said...

Love your ideas! i need to desperately sort out all my papers etc.