Friday, August 12, 2011

< w tf/>

I am in the process of building the indieBerries.com website. I am new to the whole "let's make a website" thing. But the uber Mike - creator of Theme Barn - a site curating really stylish Wordpress themes - has been helping me with the process. Webthings are frustrating and...

The internet HATES me.
allow to me show you a series of screenshots of my current internet life:

Me: Ok, I've uploaded the files via FTP and now I've tried to instal Wordpress and i get this:

Photobucket

yip, that's right: random little "OK" just hanging out.

Mike: mmm....interesting... I've never seen that before.
Me: FIX IT! WHAT MUST I DO!? WHY DOES THE INTERNET HATE ME?!
Mike: Well technically it's agreeing with you.
Me:  HELP ME!!!! GAAAHH!!!!!
Mike: "OK!!"
Me: That's not very funny.
Mike: OK. OK. Try access it from the Wordpress end.
Me:
Photobucket
Me: IT WON'T LET ME!!! WHY IS IT TELLING ME THAT!?!!? I'm gonna KILL IT!!!
Mike: (so calm. {also, not on the same continent}) Ok, I've accessed the Wordpress stuff for you so import your files via Wordpress importer.
Me:
Photobucket
Me: ok, I just tried that and Wordpress is SUCH a LIAR! it is NOT "all done" Half of them FAILED.
Mike: It's ok, just click past it, I'm sure it will be fine.
Me:
Photobucket
not one little "OK" but a BAJILLION of them. All just creeping out.
oh.. good.

GGGAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.

You know you are some REAL kind of special when the you pray to the internet gods "PLEASE WORK! PLEASE WORK!" and then it actually replies.

so... I'm guessing that however this lovely little website turns out...
i'll just have to be OK with it :)

* * * * * *
ps. thanks for all the web help Mike - even though I'm obnoxious and the internet hates me :)
If you're in the market for a new Wordpress theme - should go and check out Theme Barn.
i've just bought this theme to set up epic stationery store... stay tuned.

No comments :