Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gratitude.

Photobucket
If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have noticed that a little while ago I pinned the above pic of the most awesome cup holder cozies. Perfect to keep your hot drinks hot and as well as your fingers from burning off. 

Then just the other day I received a package in the post, right around Valentines day - 
Photobucket
We all know how much I love a good giftwrap, and this package was absolutely gorgeous - right down to a stitched gift tag with red and white butchers twine, beautiful black and white damask wrapping paper and pink washi tape. If there is anyone who appreciates a good gift-wrap, it's me! Even the outer delivery envelope was covered in fun pink Asian style tape! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket

I was so excited to open up the package and when I did I was absolutely amazed. The package was sent to me from the lovely Jacci who had seen me pin the mug cozies on Pinterest and decided to make them for me. Can you handle?! She made these! And she made them for me!!

Photobucket Photobucket
I think they are the coolest things since sliced cheese! Jacci has such talent and I'm not sure why she hasn't monopolised the world with all her yarn creations yet! Warr was so impressed with them and we have decided to pack them into our picnic bag for when we are having tea in the park. (Although I have secretly already removed one and snuck it into my handbag for when I'm out and I get a Starbucks craving. (I have also recently been quite into herbal teas - which of course are way hotter to hold because of the lack of milk - so these are absolutely perfect!). Don't they just make you feel all warm and cozy like this?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Disclaimer: This is the soppy bit
Receiving an unexpected, handmade and thoughtful gift in the post from an almost perfect stranger is a surefire way to restore your faith in humanity. Jacci, not only am I blown away by your incredible talent but humbled that you would pick me to spend your time on creating these gorgeous coffee-cozies. Thank you so very much - I am extremely grateful!

xo


2 comments :

Keri le Roux said...

So lovely! x

Blogger said...

Play Audio: Sprinter - Moroz 148 (Dark Psy Trance)