Tuesday, May 14, 2013

{Wedding} Moodboard: The Vibe

 photo ourwedding_zps0d13643a.jpg

Before I get wrapped up in all the awesome details that made our wedding so special - I thought I would just give you a quick peak of the general vibe we went for -

 photo netherwoodinterior1_zpsad2d50c3.jpg

When we booked Netherwood - (the most exquisite venue) - as our reception venue (above), I immediately knew I wanted something big and bold to fill the space. The reception area of Netherwood is already very warm with rich-glowing tones so we wanted something to complement that vibe. 

We knew from the beginning that we wanted our wedding to be fun for guests. Nothing too crystal-chandelier and up-tight where people felt they had to sit up straight in their chairs and not touch anything, so as not to mess with the 45' degree angle napkin-birds. (It paid off and people really did have so much fun.)

I definitely knew that I didn't want anything too matchy-matchy (no thanks), I didn't want to be stressed about finding this blue to match that blue to tie in with that other blue. So we decided for a celebration of colour: Moroccan-esque, festival of rich colours - warm tones, coppers, bronzes, brights and golds. We wanted textures - raw silks, sequins, metallic bronzes and golds, lights and lanterns, big comfy cushions, mirrors, copper pots, paints.

 photo vibe13_zps785a3cc8.jpg

I started planning this wedding long before the invention of "secret pinterest boards" - (ahem pinterest - where were you in my time of need?) So most of these pics I pulled off the web and stored in a file on my computer for inspiration. These "inspiration pics" aren't my own and I started gathering them so long ago that I have no idea where I originally found them - (if you do know please leave a comment I will credit it!)

 photo morocco11_zps4daa5e91.jpg  photo vibe15_zpsb2884f31.jpg   photo runners_zps65c9a2c2.jpg  photo vibe16_zpsb395f3c8.jpg  photo photo_zps633e1b04.jpg  photo vibe17_zps59df62a9.jpg

Above:
the Netherwood bathrooms - already had the most gorgeous coppery-bronze basins and wood-finish counters with naked light bulbs - LOVE! And all the coppery tones worked so beautifully with our general vibe.

 photo moodboard_zps07cc6c34.jpg

I gathered all the elements that I loved and made a mini-moodboard which I printed and whacked into my wedding ideas book - (which went absolutely everywhere with me):

 photo vibe12_zps65f1b967.jpg photo vibe11_zps95cb9765.jpg  photo vibe9_zps4f7f045d.jpg  photo vibe7_zpscc851445.jpg  photo vibe10_zps0b3c9041.jpg  photo vibe1_zpsbca0e52d.jpg  photo vibe5_zps16239958.jpg  photo vibe4_zps202a1cab.jpg  photo vibe6_zps5feec33a.jpg  photo vibe8_zpsb4058162.jpg

So those are a few of the snaps of the general vibe/ moodboard decor inspiration we went for - when I get our professional pics - I will whack a few of them up. I also have a few of my own snaps of the decor process - which I will share too - but will hold out on those until we've got the professional ones to go with it. (eeeeeee!!!) Will also be posting a few posts about how we tied the bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls etc into this vibe -

Am also hoping to post a few more pics from the wedding scrapbook and a little how-i-kept-all-my-shit-together post.

Because trust me, if you're planning a wedding - 

you'll need it.

3 comments :

Derryn Leigh Smith said...

Beautiful!!

Rhianne said...

It looks beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Good article! We are linking to this particularly great post on our site.
Keep up the great writing.

Feel free to surf to my web page - permanent hair straightening