Monday, December 9, 2013

Cartoon: Wifi Signals

 photo wifi1_zps04833e24.jpg
I was home a few months ago in South Africa. It was lovely to be home... but HOT DAMN, the internet connection KILLED ME. Particularly considering that the two and a half days that my wifi connection decided to become a feeble-little-wimp were the two and a half days that I HAD TO  send out emails/contacts/connections for The Photo Hunt, reply to emails regarding our wedding guestbooks, contact a bride whose wedding stationery I am making, and send off some pages for my doodle book to be processed and retrieve old blog posts for transfer to my new site. So all in all... a VERY frustrating experience. The following account is a true story.

 photo wifi2_zps5e3d1fce.jpg
Top Picture: Strong wifi.
Above Picture: My feeble-wimpish-wifi.

  photo wifi3_zps4c5c50d2.jpg
 photo wifi5_zps58b24381.jpg  photo wifi6_zpsf5f8746c.jpg

(pulls hair out)
 photo wifi4_zpsbc0f328f.jpg  photo wifi13_zpsdd2c6695.jpg  photo wifi7_zps54cfa34e.jpg  photo wifi8_zpsfdc66f70.jpg  photo wifi9b_zpse218b54e.jpg  photo wifi10_zps359f4d29.jpg  photo wifi11_zps729e00e3.jpg  photo wifi12_zps800d8ed9.jpg
sorry computer, i didn't mean to.

 photo wifi14_zps239cd56e.jpg
after two and half days of tearing my hair out, ripping out my eyeballs 
and screaming at my computer....


 photo wifi15_zps96abdb84.jpg

and then...

 photo wifi17_zps85bdbc64.jpg  photo wifi16_zpsc674cb67.jpg

Technology, you are great and I love you dearly -
But sometimes you're a massive pain in the ass.

* * * * *
In other "South African" related news - Little Miss Kylie has made an Awesome tribute to SA (and little indieBerries!) in the form of an epic South African bird! Go check it out here! (I actually did a project in Grade 2 on this bird - so it brought back all sorts of warm fuzzy memories!)

3 comments :

fritha strickland said...

haha this is brilliant! so lovely to meet you at the workshop and thanks so much for your lovely email x

Che Kershaw said...

thank YOU for your awesome speech - you were fab! :)

Wonderland Clothing said...

HOnestly this is seriously one of the truest posts ever!