Monday, April 14, 2014

Casey Pratt: PhotoCase Photography

It's taken me a while to post the pics of our amazing styled wedding shoot at Abingdon Wine Estate in the Midlands - mainly because it's quite difficult to put into words how grateful I am to finally have some INCREDIBLE "wedding photos". There are also so many people to thank, that I want to make sure that I do them all justice - and I hope you give them ALL the love they deserve for making Warr and I so so happy! I am so grateful to everyone who was involved. Thank you from the bottom of my little heart (and Warren's anatomically bigger heart). The photos we have after this shoot are more incredible than we could ever have hoped for. Anyway without rambling on too much (and reducing myself to tears), here are the snaps from our first photographer -


Casey Pratt from PhotoCase photography.


 photo 2014-04-03_0081_zps0f26af1a.jpg
When I first posted the little teaser the other day, I told you that the above pic was my favourite of Casey's snaps - but then when I went back to her website to get some more snaps to share with you - I was all of a sudden ALL CONFUSED about my favourite picture. And I think this is the problem I'm going to run into with all these incredible photographers. LOOK at this picture below -
  photo 2014-04-03_0091_zps3444a52a.jpg
How much FUN and love is in this picture?! I remember Casey saying, "Ok Warren, whisper something to make her laugh" (no, I can't tell you). What I LOVE about Casey's photographs is her amazing perspective and interesting photo angles. She'll be the one lying on the ground, or hanging out on a ladder somewhere to get the perfect angle, the most flattering perspective and the most gorgeous shot.

  photo 2014-04-03_011_zps942dd4dc.jpg
(Casey hangin out on a ladder)

 photo 2014-04-03_0101_zpsacb0558a.jpg
(Casey hiding in a bush)

 photo 2014-04-03_012_zps1cb85d00.jpg(Casey lying on the floor)
It makes her photographs so interesting and special to look at, that you honestly have to look twice. And as Keri has already mentioned - Casey takes notice and makes sure that she captures your most flattering, gorgeous and beautiful self. Her photo taking style is also completely unobtrusive - which is something you totally want on your wedding day - all you have to do is worry about getting on with being in love and soaking up all the FEEELINGS, while this talented lady works around you to capture all the beautiful magic.

 photo 2014-04-03_004_zps0d98b86d.jpg
Might I just add that these are probably the most delicious cupcakes I have ever eaten. I only had one three. They were made, along with the cake (which I only had a sliver of - I "promise") by the yummy hands of Taryn from Smith's Bake shop. Also - THIS - have you ever?!)


 photo 2014-04-03_006_zpsec2cc67b.jpg photo 2014-04-03_007_zps88322b1c.jpg    photo 2014-04-03_016_zps2f3898de.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_027_zps2672a7bd.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_026_zpsc5b66116.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_023_zpsd80cb503.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_021_zps512d05f7.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_0221_zps237879db.jpg

Another thing that I absolutely LOVE about Casey's style of photography is that it has a very distinct film feel. I luuuuurve this picture above (it's another contender for my absolute fave!) - and it's got the most incredible film feel - wouldn't you say?! I am a HUGE fan of film photography - and this photo of such a beautiful moment,  with it's amazing bokeh light effects and soft grainy feel makes it so precious! I have totally stalked Casey's blog and portfolio - (I can totally recommend it) and came across this gorgeous wedding that she shot. The editing of these pics makes it feel like the whole thing was shot on film - it's so soft, with the most gorgeous photo texture! There is something about photos with a film feel that make them so much more special (and to me just screams ROMANCE) - maybe it's the fact that it feels like each picture has had to be carefully composed, thought about and captured as a gorgeous one-off moment - which is exactly the type of photography that Casey produces.

 photo 2014-04-03_032_zps0335e891.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_0301_zps8dcdf4bf.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_025_zps8421d0dc.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_0331_zpsd4d4ae86.jpg  photo 2014-04-03_0351_zpsa8893373.jpg

Why I would hire Casey as a wedding photographer:


Casey's work is so carefully and beautifully composed without it being overly contrived. She just let's everything unfold as it does and her creative eyes and ears are always alert and receptive to when a gorgeous shot may be about to happen. (The black and white pic second from the bottom, was actually shot after all the actual "shooting" had finished and I was just having fun in my epic vintage dress {from The LoveBucket} and it's filled with so much life and happiness!) So if you are looking for a photographer who will capture the absolute magic of your wedding day as it all happens around you - then Casey is the photographer for you! Plus if you love a soft romantic vintage film feel then her photographs will make your little heart SO happy! I promise you.

Thank you so much Casey, it was such a pleasure to meet you and work with you! Warr and I are SO grateful to have these photos  - you are an absolute star!

Other awesome suppliers involved in the shoot - 
Venue: Jane – Abingdon Wine Estate 
Stationers: Liesel & Birgitta – Glee Projects
Dresses:  Stacey – Love Bucket
Tent: Tammy – Midlands Stretch Tents
Make up & Hair: Kym – Kym & me
Cake: Taryn – Smiths Bake shop
Videographer:  Wes – The Shank Tank

No comments :