Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lessons in Karma.


I have learnt a great lesson in Karma.

Last Thursday, I posted a cartoon blog post titled "26 things I'd like to say to dentists". Which (obviously) included some "not-very-nice" things about dentists, because well. I don't like dentists. My mother described the blog post as "WICKED" (and not in the "cool" sense). I described the blog post as "HONEST" (in the "honest" sense). The very next day following my wicked honest blogpost, a new tooth of mine cracked open.

MORAL: The collective karmic power of dentists is very strong. Be careful what you say.

So, not only after my original dentist encounter - which meant I had to revisit the dentist to have TWO IMPLANTS fitted into my jaw, but I now ALSO had to have a cracked tooth/inlay repaired. This all happened yesterday - about 2 hours before I was due to fly to London.

Coming out of the dentist - when your entire mouth has literally been attacked feels like your lip is hanging all the way to the floor and even your eyeballs are a bit numb.


 photo desntist2_zpse162d3ba.jpg


My dad picked me up from the dentist (basically en route to the airport):

 photo dentist1_zps0adaa40b.jpg  photo dentist3_zps32e3c28a.jpg  photo dentist4_zps8c5d7513.jpg  photo dentist5_zpsb52dee26.jpg  photo dentist7_zps2067fc0d.jpg  photo dentist8_zpsca5884f1.jpg

So I left for the airport in a lot of dental pain - I won't bore you with the gory details but they had to cut my GUM open. You guys. NO. So I dosed up on painkillers and set off on my way to London. I had a stop over in Dubai which was horrendous. Again, I won't go into details - but just to let you know I was feeling so nauseas and still half asleep from a sleeping tablet that I had to buy a Coca Cola to drink in the airport (which cost me 4 dollars) and after two sips I had to "emergency remove" the cup lid in order to upchuck right back into the cup. Actually that is all the details. I'm not sure why I'm telling you that, because it is certainly "not very becoming of a lady". It must be the meds talking.

Anywhooo - arrived home to some lovely flowers and note from the husband - 

 photo dental2_zps24b73a07.jpg

and possibly the greatest gift of all - 

 photo dental1_zpsc4f4a823.jpg

That husband, he is a keeper.
(and I hope our children get his teeth)


Things are full steam ahead for The Photo Hunt on Saturday - I'm so excited for our first event! Will be lots more to follow!


12 comments :

Bailey Schneider said...

You guys are honestly amazing!! <3 <3 <3
Sorry about the dentist ordeal - yuck!!!!

Sara Strauss said...

Oh man, I'm sorry! That sucks! I hate the dentist! Karma is a real bitch! :)
~Sara

Christine said...

That dart board is AMAZEBALLS! Your husband never ceases to amaze...

Keri Bainborough said...

hahahahaha The Dart Board!

Che Kershaw said...

haha and he never ceases to amaze me either! :)

Che Kershaw said...

I shall never breathe another horrid word about a dentist ever again. EVER.

Che Kershaw said...

haha thanks Bailey - HATE the dentist!! :( Saw your love language answers on Ellie Love - mine are very similar to yours! <3

Katie B said...

noooo the teeth people are winning!!! thank goodness for husband.. :)

Warrz said...

To avoid a repeat of any such karma we shan't intentionally throw darts at the above pictured dentist folk, but if they happen to get in the way of a sharp projectile thrown with great vigour that is their own fault for not moving and we cannot and will not be held accountable ;)

Che Kershaw said...

hahaha you are SO FUNNY. like me.

Che Kershaw said...

THANK goodness for that husband of mine!

Che Kershaw said...

haha i know right. TRI-WINNING.