Monday, February 10, 2014

A Productive Friday

 photo cards1_zps27280963.jpg
I spend so much of my day at the computer that sometimes I get actual cravings to sit and do something crafty with my hands. Which is exactly what happened last Friday evening - I got out some of the DIY card kits in my Etsy Store and decided to make a whole whack of cards! It's been a while since I did something so "DIY/handsy" and I had SO much fun!

 photo craftedcards4_zps7a71f1bc.jpg photo craftedcards3_zps0f9ad50a.jpg photo craftedcards2_zpsefcd302c.jpgBeing a Friday night and all, husband was feeling a bit lonely that I wasn't paying attention to him - so the next thing I know, he disappears then pops back into the lounge, with his crash helmet, skiing googles, flying his remote controlled helicopter around the room. Sigh, boys.
 photo warr_zps52c6b53e.jpg
I obviously didn't even bat an eyelid - being all crafty and in "the zone" and all. Lol.
  photo craftedcards7_zpsb9635160.jpg
As a little experiment, I've decided to list these cards up in my Etsy Store under the new "handmade" section I've created. I made the cards with a selection of scrapbook papers that I designed (available in the digital downloads section of my shop), as well as various other papers I have bought/sourced and WASHI TAPE. Obviously, WASHI TAPE.

 photo craftedcards6_zps73b6d8c2.jpg photo gold3_zps73c1f982.jpg photo craftedcards9_zps24f56f49.jpg
I also spent a good part of the evening drawing some cards to send "snail mail" to friends back home - 
  photo craftedcards8_zps3936b2dd.jpg photo craftedcard8_zps59bf9469.jpg
...because everyone loves a bit of snail mail!

I am thinking of including some "hand drawn" type cards (like the long skinny ones above) in the Etsy Shop -
what do you think?

16 comments :

GeeGee said...

love the long ones - they're simple and clean liney (that's my taste I know, but I like!). Also - we're mid writing thank you letters and they're getting incredibly long. Nothing simple about a letter!

Claudz said...

I love these, they look so awesome. And you're right, who doesn't love a letter in the mail. yay for snail mail!

Lulu Johnson said...

Love the picture of War! Yes for more hand drawn cards too! x x x

Gemma Roberts said...

Do it!!! You really can never have enough cards, be them ready made, make em yerself or hand drawn!!


PS. Love that hubby actually had the helmet fastened… Now that's safety first.

rebecca@thiswomansstyle said...

Che I absolutely love your blog and now i'm addicted to your handmade cards on Etsy, they're literally perfect for so many different occasions. I was only saying to a friend yesterday that the card selection we have access to in London is pretty rubbish, Even in the famous Selfridges department store which I work just next too, they're so cliche and obvious. But yours are innovative, funny and cute! Im converted xx

Che Kershaw said...

Ah yay! thank you so much - such a lovely thing to hear! I will definitely be stocking my Etsy store with more "handmade" cards soon! yay - thanks for stopping by! x

Che Kershaw said...

hahaha SAFETY FIRST people. SAFETY. FIRST. that man of mine... does NOT play games. lol :) x

Che Kershaw said...

Snail mail is the BEST!!! x

Che Kershaw said...

I remember how long it took us to write our thank you cards! We even put in a little cartoon apology for how long it took us! haha good luck! x

Alyx said...

These are so cute! You are seriously talented!

esthernovich said...

Love all your stationary. Its so original with touch of personal. I hope your brand makes it international and one day i'll see it on a cute shop in Spain and be like "hey look! I know who the artist behind the awesomeness is! I follow her blog everyday!" Lol...you know, those things can happen!!

Tessa Tuttle said...

Love the hand drawn ones the mostest

kylie2014 said...

Hi there, just found your blog and will definitely be following! Love the cards! They are so unique and cute.
kstormfashionblog.wordpress.com

Jen Heil said...

Yes! Definitely include some hand drawn cards they are fab! I especially liked the boys birthday card with a sword instead of balloons. :)

Lopvilleliving said...

These cards are amazingly cute. Good job!

Bronwyn Slater said...

Che! Found your blog a while ago and have been following it since. I'm doing Design 4 at Rhodes now so it's really cool reading your blog knowing you've made it out alive. And also putting a face to the name all over the wall :P
Anyway, we got back to Uni this year and started classes this week (with Brian, yaaay!!) only to find out that Grocott's has moved into the writing lab, the design lab is going to be the writing lab and we have to shuffle along to the New Media Lab.
And they're going to paint over the walls in the design lab.
Everyone's little hearts are broken, but I wanted to tell you so that you don't hear the tragic news months down the line. But we get to start over on a nice clean shiny wall :D this one is super full now, but your stringy pen is still visible :)