Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cartoon: CURLING. WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON?!

You guys.

I want to talk about CURLING.

With the Winter Olympics being on and all - husband and I have been watching a bit of the sports on TV and we have come across the phenomenon that is CURLING. Curling. You guys. What KIND of a sport is curling? There is something so car-crashingly absorbing about watching people do absolutely nothing on a piece of ice with two broomsticks. I can't even. 

In fact, I replied to a comment about it on Facebook and someone's friend-of-a-friend responded with
"It's like watching an elite lawn mowing competition, yeah nothing happens, but they are the best in the world at making nothing happen in this particular fashion and that's kind of intriguing."
WORD.

So anyway, I thought I would enlighten you with some of my curling tidbits - beginning with a few WAY more exciting things to do than watching Olympic Curling (women's semi-finals today at 5am BTW)

A LIST OF THINGS WAY MORE EXCITING THAN WATCHING CURLING



 photo curling1_zpsfc525f72.jpg  photo curling2_zpsd75bcaa5.jpg  photo curling3_zpsd06742e3.jpg   photo curling4_zps017092be.jpg
Actually, watching your grandmother do ANYTHING.

 photo curling6_zps586c6730.jpg  photo curling5_zps363b30ca.jpg  photo curling8_zps818bd65f.jpg  photo curling10_zps0274f9de.jpg  photo curling9_zpsaa571b3e.jpg  photo curling7_zpsdb155f6c.jpg
In an attempt to enlighten myself as to the secret wonders of CURLING, I decided to do some research - which I will share with you today. I have found that CURLING is in fact a result of very clever marketing. You see, it is common practice among CURLING MARKETERS to create CURLING images with VERY BLURRY backgrounds - to make you believe that CURLING is some kind of high-speed adrenalin race:

 photo curlinghighspeed_zps102cb14c.jpg

it is not.

Secondly, I have discovered, that in order to be a CURLER (CURLEE? CURLETE?) of OLYMPIC STANDARDS - you must adopt the OPEN MOUTH FACE. Which helps to avert attention away from the actual sport itself -

 photo curlingintense_zpse711c9bf.jpg


BEHOLD: THE OPEN MOUTH FACE.

 photo curingopen_zps479d911b.jpg
There were way more pictures I could have included, but I think I've made my point.

These two?
 photo training_zps1af62dfb.jpg
They are still in training.

So anyway - husband and I were watching CURLING on TV last Sunday - 

 photo curling11_zps2cec67d9.jpg  photo curling12_zps0ccbba78.jpg  photo curling13_zps55d6b845.jpg  photo curling14_zps2e4c8d52.jpg  photo curling15_zpsfb68733c.jpg  photo curling12_zps0ccbba78.jpg  photo curling15_zpsfb68733c.jpg  photo curling15a_zps915a622d.jpg  photo curling15b_zpsa03eb686.jpg
 photo curling15_zpsfb68733c.jpg photo curling16_zps4536469e.jpg  photo curling17_zps9b57406b.jpg  photo curling18_zpsbfad3eec.jpg
 photo curling15_zpsfb68733c.jpg photo curling19_zps02cb6c78.jpg

AND THAT, my friends, is the secret of CURLING.
and now, i'm off to switch on the semi-finals.

* * * * *
Go ahead and SHARE THIS POST with all your CURLING LOVING friends:
Tweet: Let's talk about the CAR-CRASHINGLY absorbing shizz that is OLYMPIC CURLING. http://ctt.ec/K0514+ #cartoon via @indieberries
Click that HAPPY TWEET BIRD above!
(also me testing out some uber new code I found)

* * * * *
follow indieBerries

ps. no offense intended to CURLEES - 
YOU CURL THAT SHIZZ and YOU WIN THAT GOLD.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?

I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.

Nevertheless imagine if you added some great images or videos
to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but
with images and video clips, this blog could definitely
be one of the very best in its niche. Excellent blog!



Also visit my web page bankrupcty Cherry Hill