Monday, December 16, 2013

CARTOON: The Crafty Fox Market

Two weekends ago, I attended the Nuffnang Workshop - on blogging and small creative business owning - which was so awesome and inspiring! After the workshop, we headed down to the Crafty Fox market to have a look at all the Christmas goodies. Let me just say, that it is a market FULL of beautiful, creative wares from a crowd of unbelievably talented people. My mind was literally blown and every single inch of the trendy art/pub space was filled with awesomeness. I am DEF keen to get involved and get a stand for my "artsy-stuffs" at their next markets! Anyway. The husband and I had agreed to have a "date night" at Winter Wonderland after the workshop was finished and he was phoning me (while I was in the middle of the Crafty Fox market) to find out where to meet me...


 photo craftyfox1_zps17acf92a.jpg  photo craftyfox2b_zps37eb8017.jpg  photo craftyfox2_zpsca50de9e.jpg  photo craftyfox5_zpse44fe2d3.jpg  photo craftyfox4_zps352ac717.jpg
Warren: To meet at Waterloo? Is that cool? photo craftyfox3_zps7d58a304.jpg
Husband: Ok. so... hello?
Me: whoooo... it's so pretty!
Husband: Can you hear me?
Me: Everything! It's SO LOVELY!
Husband: Hey... so... what are we doing?
Me: wow... it's so... everything! Everything... wow!
Husband: I need to know where to meet you, I won't have signal soon underground
 photo craftyfox6_zps7736d0d8.jpg  photo craftyfox8_zpsf51d2094.jpg  photo craftyfox9_zps158685a1.jpg
At one point, I even tried walking OUT of the market into the street to be able to actually engage with husband on the phone, but it was a futile effort and within 37 seconds I was mysteriously back inside the market next to ALL. THE. PRETTY. THINGS. How did that happen?!?

 photo craftyfox10_zpsfd819299.jpg  photo craftyfox11_zps73319550.jpg  photo craftyfox12_zps79160020.jpg  photo craftyfox14_zps581d12e6.jpg

Husband: For Christmas, I would like you to tell me where to meet you before I have to go underground.
Me: No. Be serious! I am surrounded by beautiful things and I need to buy you something.
Husband: Ok fine, buy me something beautiful - something I can use.
Me: Ok! Got it!*

* and I did find the "perfect beautiful, practical gift for him!

The husband eventually got it out of me that we should meet at Waterloo (unfortunately I got sucked into all the pretty things and chatting to Tom, Lulu and Elizabeth - so he ended up phoning me from Waterloo - asking where I was, when I actually hadn't moved more than 2 metres, haha - sorry Warr). (Tom has also written an awesome review on the market - so go check out his blog!)

Eventually husband and I met up for our date night:

  photo craftyfox16_zps90bc7087.jpg  photo craftyfox17_zps1682375d.jpg  photo craftyfox18_zpsa724c073.jpg  photo craftyfox19_zpse3b01c9c.jpg
Husband: Why did you tell me?
Me: I don't know - I just couldn't take the suspense ANY longer! I know. I ruined the surprise. Anyway - LOOK! it's so beautiful! And it has cork to stick your things on! WOW!! hey!! WOWW!!!!

 photo craftyfox26_zps2b20b517.jpg  photo craftyfox27_zps736abbfa.jpg

(Go check out this store! I LOVE their stuff!)

After I had whipped out the beautiful calendar from my bag, I struggled to get it back in -

 photo craftyfox20_zps546c5a6a.jpg  photo craftyfox21_zpsfd7f916b.jpg  photo craftyfox22_zpsd6630714.jpg  photo craftyfox23_zps0cd33010.jpg  photo craftyfox24_zpse190d1a1.jpg

And so began our date night.

I absolutely loved the Crafty Fox market and I am super keen to get involved at their next markets - probably in the Spring! Excitement! Look out for my next post on a few of the other goodies I bought at the market and my take on the "importance of supporting handmade"

The baby brother arrived in London yesterday and the husband is taking a few days off work this week - happy girl! x

3 comments :

Wonderland Clothing said...

Have a wonderful week!

Kris said...

Haha- sounds like the kind of conversation I would have with my boy- pretty things can be soooooo distracting. Also- good to know I am not the only one who is terrible at keeping surprises! All the excitement is just too much for me to contain!

Blogger said...

eToro is the best forex trading platform for beginner and professional traders.