Anyone who has been following this blog will know that I can't cook. Today we decided to do a Cambodian Cooking class... The list for today...
1. Something awesome not setting fire to anything (people, animals, food) during the cooking course. Not exploding or melting any crockery. And actually producing something quite tasterrific!! (yes I made that word up)
2. Something not awesome My hands and iPhone now completely yellow from the Asian spices.
3. Something we ate Chicken Amok in a banana-leaf bowl. Spicy seafood Tom Yum soup, Spring rolls and dipping sauce, Khmer chicken bok-choy and pumpkin custard all of which we made ourselves. High five.
4. Something we did Did some market shopping and epic food making and also pre-cooking food-market tour to buy ingredients for the class. Super interesting.
5. Something random From the hours of 2pm to 9pm we counted 38 tuk tuk drivers offering us a tuk-tuk (and between 5pm and 9pm we were in the cooking class. Lol)
6. Something said on seeing cuttlefish-coated peas "no. Now WHY would you do that? Why take cuttlefish which is something NO-ONE wants and then coat it on peas which is ALSO something NO-ONE wants. Why you gotta go do that?"
cambodian cooking class- we left happy.