Thursday, December 1, 2011

things are not going well.

Q: What is worse than saying farewell to lovely friends and clocking out for the last time at your workplace of three and a half years?
A: Packing up your apartment of three and a half years.

Over the years I have accumulated a bunch of miscellaneous kitchen items which are all kept in a random drawer somewhere in my kitchen. Now, since I am not much of a "cook", I never really venture into these drawers. Until it is time to pack up aforementioned drawers. Upon opening this drawer I find:

Photobucket

and also

Photobucket

This.... this is the work of a creature. 

I am not good with creatures. So I did a bit of spasmic-tap dancing and high-pitched yelping. 

SOLUTION:

Photobucket
Rescue Remedy Spray for you. not the creature.

Spray Rescue Remedy all over to "comfort and reassure".
Use knife to prod about the drawer.
If you hear any muffled squealing sounds you should retreat immediately and alert a nearby neighbour.
Use a second knife and pick up tinfoil and other kitchen sundries in a chopstick-fashion to take them to the trash.

So far, we have not come across any creatures (living or dead). But trust me, if I do, you'll know about it.
Wish me luck on the packing. It's not pretty.

1 comment :

Bailey Schneider said...

I'm catching up on all your posts now ... So exciting that you're moving and really sad all at the same time!!
As for the unknown creature that could be lurking...erm... rather you than me! Good LUCK ;-)
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde