Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day Twelve

Dam Sen Water Park

Something Awesome: Having a chilled out day in a place described as "quirky Saigon" an entire theme park - Dam Sen Park, with strange and wonderful things including giant ice sculptures, outdoor statues and a huge waterpark.
Photobucket
Something crap: Let's just say.... it's not Disney world.
 

Something we ate: Fish balls on a stick.


Something random:We got allocated our own "foreigner sun-bath area" far away from everything else with free lockers (whilst the Vietnamese had to pay for lockers in a separate area). We are not sure how we feel about this... but yeah, we'll take the free lockers. lol.


Something we did: Saw giant ice sculptures, went on a mini rollercoaster, got lost in a dark mirrored maze and got freaked out by our own reflections in the haunted house. lol. Also finalised train tickets from Danang to Hanoi and found a local restaurant to sample some Viet-delights. (Pho 24 = awesome).

Something said:
me on putting on the warm puffy jacket before entering the ice-sculpture room:
"Oh fail! I just picked the kid size jacket! this thing doesn't fit me. it doesn't even cover my arms! I'm going to die of frostbite!"
Blake:
you just picked it because it was pink didnt you?
me: yeah. kinda.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!

Feel free to surf to my homepage calories burned calculator