Tuesday, May 15, 2012

junior wedding party

Photobucket 
We have a rather large entourage of "little-peoples" in our bridal party. So far, counting all the nieces and cousins, we have 6 excited little flower-girls and one little pageboy. They're all cute and the more the merrier! My Maid of Honour and Bridesmaids will probably be running around sorting out all kinds of other things - So I've decided to ask my two older cousins to head up the "junior-bridal party" and make sure all the little angels remain angelic for as long as possible. Ashlea and Lauren are a bit young for bridesmaids, but I've done a bit of reading and it's common to include younger family members as a junior bridal party head- kind of a "junior bridesmaid". I made some cards and gifts for them to ask for their help on the day.

Photobucket 
washi tape - can never have enough washi tape.Photobucket Photobucket 
I distressed some yellow paper with Tim Holtz ink around the edges (tea dye colour) and used an old music sheet stamp to give it a bit of texture. I also added a gold doily and put their gifts into a brown bag and sealed them with some washi tape.Photobucket Photobucket

Cards and gifts for my bridesmaids are in progress :)

5 comments :

A Daft Scots Lass said...

you have thought of every detail.  I'm sure this is going to be the wedding of the century!!  Where are you getting married by the way?

Thais said...

I love your blog! My mother reads it for some time now, and when she saw your engagement post she showed it to me. I thought it was really cute and loved the way you wrote it so I decided to read more. I liked it so much I went to the first post and read the entire blog. I took me a while, but I did it. I love your cartoons and your stories and everything else! You even inspired me to be more crafty (I don't have your criativity or great craft stores, so it is a bit difficult). I have a question though: You have a instant camera and I was thinking of buying one, but I read that the image fades. Is it true? How are your pictures?

Che Kershaw said...

Oh yay!! Im so glad your mom gave you (forced you) to read my blog! haha i can't believe you read the whole thing! that is dedication! i am well impressed! :) I have a fuji instax mini camera and i havent had a problem with the pictures at all - they take credit card size pics and they are awesome! 

Thais said...

Thank you for answering! I'll definitely convince my mom to buy one for me! haha

Rooikat said...

Ah! Looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool and innovative!