Friday, May 25, 2012

londres.

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
for four months - YAY ME!! Since I couldn't get a working visa (yeah, i didn't try too hard) I will be taking on the responsibilities of full-time-fiance-and-wedding-planner, professional-market-browser, shopper and quality-control-sampler-of-all-London-coffee-houses. Life is so tough. Other than those very taxing jobs I've signed myself up for - there are a few other things that I'm looking forward to - Photobucket

The weekend of my arrival, London is throwing a huge party in my honour, which means, of course - that I will be able to celebrate on the Thames with my good ol' pal, the Queen.Photobucket
I'm thinking... big floats, Union Jacks, fireworks and lots of marching soldiers in those woolly hat things. Just the way I like it.

Next on the list - International Magazines. You know the glossy kinds I'm talking about - Vogue... Harpers Bazaar... Hello....
Photobucket
and even better - UK bridal mags - Brides (which is under the same publication house as Vogue and Glamour), You and Your Wedding and Wedding Magazine for a start... I take my new jobs very seriously (See above).
Photobucket


Awesome shops. Awesome shopping - Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm pretty sure my coffee shop sampling job (quality-control) is going to pay very well and I will be able to afford a weekly shopping spree. Good thing my Fiance-Face works near this street and I will be forced to spend lots of time hanging around between Burberry, DonnaKaran, D&G, Christian Dior, Longchamp and Armani.  

Also on the agenda - visiting some quirky London Bars in the Soho district -Photobucket
I snapped this pic the last time I was in London - from Zebrano Bar on Carnaby Street.
Also I'm looking forward to ALL the streets and gardens and squares. Oxford, Picadilly, Knightsbridge, Regent Street, Waterloo, Portabello Road, Covent Gardens, Downing Street, Trafalgar square....

Photobucket
Now, even if we aren't able to sneak into, buy some tickets - we make our own Olympics. What? You've never heard of Olympic-drinking-leap-frog? It's a thing,Photobucket Photobucket
look at me in my green and gold.
Photobucket
Because who doesn't love Wimbledon season?! 
No-one.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hyde park, Kensington Gardens, Wimbledon commons -
Photobucket
Fancy-fiance has even bought a killer picnic set (with real wine glasses) in anticipation of my arrival. ten points.

Camden Markets -
Photobucket
I love Camden. It's got good food, cozy pubs, awesome markets, good breakfast nooks, quirky bits-n-bobs and loads of punks. We like.

Lastly.....
Photobucket

Hey London, see you Wednesday
x




17 comments :

Kez le Roux said...

Enjoy!!! I'm very jelly! Best time of year to go :) xxx

Dominique Warr said...

toooo jealous for words. have fun love x 

Nat said...

London is gorgeous at the moment...hope the sunshine lasts till you get here :-)

A Daft Scots Lass said...

You so lucky.  TOP SHOP!  Not fair.  You better have some awesome giveaways for us sorry South African's that don't experience Top Shop!

Alicia said...

Wowee, now I miss London so very very much! Enjoy :)

Liz Fletcher said...

Che, what the hell is your left arm doing in this last picture!? How is it reaching THAT far? Is there something you're not telling us?

Che Kershaw said...

haha i was waiting for that comment... it's my brothers arm.. he got... "cut out" sorry blake. :P

Thais said...

So jealous! Wish I was going to London...

Bevjohnston7 said...

Enjoy Che . Caitlin and I will also be in London visiting Clark for 2 weeks. 

Che Strawberries said...

Ah bev! Please let me know when you are there- I will be a "housewife-in-training" (lady of leisure) so would love to meet up for a coffee ;)

Martina S Montanari said...

lol was gonna say :)

Blake Kershaw said...

once again I am forced to step in and correct you blatent attempt at a lie... TENNIS CHAMP: thats utter rubish, you could'nt even win at roller pong squash let alone tennis. I mean the only thing you ever won was the honour of being the one to break like the biggest window in the house with a basket ball... How little coordination do you have to have to be able to accomplish that?

Blake Kershaw said...

WO thats crazy, one minute Im there next minute poof, gone. 

Che Strawberries said...

haha sorry brother :P

Che Strawberries said...

hehehe :)

Che Kershaw said...

me too i hope the sunshine lasts! you had better be doing all KINDS of sunshine-dances!! :) 

Pinkcupcakes88 said...

sounds so great! everything u describe about London makes me smile !!! i always only ever see london in winter and then its freezing and snowy and all the yumi wooley scarves :) u make me smile !!!and ure a lucky girl to be the-lady-of-leisure xoxo