A list of a few random things you may not know about me
- I had an imaginary twin-sister-friend when I was younger. Her name was Courtney and I spoke to her in "afrikaans" - which was basically just my own made up language. Before Courtney I had another imaginary friend who was very naughty - I once made my grandmother pull over on the highway because his behaviour was so appalling and he had to "get out the car and walk home". Twenty-minutes-drive-later, my gran had to turn around and go fetch him, because I felt terrible that I had left him all alone on the side of the road. I was four. Thanks for being so obliging, gran.
- I have an irrational fear of things crawling into my ear when I'm sleeping at night. I will not be able to sleep if I do not have something covering my ear-hole. Husband knows this and if he sees I am very comfy and not wanting to move - he will pull my hair over my ear without me even having to ask him. Ag sweet, man.
- I have not ever had a broken bone. I have broken my front teeth (the horror: see here) and dislocated both of my knees several times, but no broken bones.
- I had five stitches in my face on my cheek bone, under my eye as a child. Merry-go-rounds are the devil.
- Have recently learned that husband-as-a-very-young-boy-at-boarding-school, used to grate his knuckles on the gravel to induce bleeding because "we got free jelly babies if there was blood".
- In high school (St. Anne's Diocesan College) in my year, I was voted "person most likely to get married in the St. Anne's chapel" and "person most likely to be famous". We got married at Warren's school Chapel - Michaelhouse - so I guess I will just work on the fame thing then.
- I sometimes think I would like to work in a post office sorting mail. Mundane mindless jobs can be so soothing.
- I don't own a hair straightener. I never have. I also would not be able to tell you where my hairbrush is because the last time I brushed my hair was probably more than two weeks ago. Am not a girl.
- Psychological and sociological theories/ brain games/ personality tests/ theories etc etc really interest me. I could read books like Freakonomics till the cows come home.
- People getting you/your/you're wrong REALLY annoys me.
- I consider both popcorn and cereal to be substantial and complete meals.
- I've ridden an ostrich and an elephant. And I've been kicked in the arm by a zebra.
- Friends is the only series that I have watched every episode.
- I would love to be one of those people who walk into a restaurant and say "I'll have the usual" - but I know I'm way too much of a "must-try-ALL-the-THINGS" person to ever get there. I usually make a point of not even ordering the same thing as anyone else at the table - even if what they are having is really what i want. Just because we should all try different things. ha.
That's all for now - I'd love to hear something random/quirky about you -
please leave a comment with something that people don't know about you :)