Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Fringe Arts

I received an email from Thessa Bos and Chantal Louw from The Fringe Arts a while ago telling me what they do and decided to check out their Art Pop Up project at the V and A Waterfront when I was in Cape Town for the SA Blog awards.



I chatted to Thessa Bos (co-owner) when I was there and found out a little more about The Fringe Arts. 
The Fringe Arts is a mobile art and design collective showcasing the work of South African designers, illustrators and artists. Currently they have contributions from between 50 and 60 different designers including jewellery designers, furniture reconstructors and ceramicists. All their products are conceptualised and manufactured in South Africa. The Fringe Arts POP UP has no permanent address but rather pops up intermittently in interesting and unused spaces. From November 1st, by request, they will be opening in a permanent location on Spier Wine Estate.


a few pics I took when I was there (see more in their facebook gallery)






If you're in the Cape Town Area - go and visit The Fringe Arts Pop Up at shop 6 and 7 Alfred Mall at the VandA Waterfront. If you're (unfortunately) not in Cape Town then check out their facebook site here.

2 comments :

Carmen said...

The picture of the angel is beautiful. : )

Unknown said...

I was There, i dont remeber it looking as good i in real life as in your oictures.